ALB designs heat exchangers that comply with the requirements of 3-A standards and practices. These heat exchangers are designed for heating or cooling milk products, foods or other comestibles.
Each 3-A compliant exchanger offers sanitary connections on the process side and food-grade gaskets or O-rings. All products contact surfaces are ground to a 150 grit as a standard, but finer finishes are available as an option. Each surface is crevice-free in order to minimize corrosion or contamination and to improve clean ability. Each exchanger is fully drainable to aid in maintaining a sanitary environment inside the tubes and water boxes.
Typical processes include:
- Water and clean-in-place solutions heating or cooling
- Milk and cream pasteurization
- Sugar concentration
- Juice, sauce, oil, soup, and syrup heating or cooling
- Brewery processes
- Chocolate, peanut butter, and other viscous products
- Cheese and whey products
- Blood, plasma, and meat products
- Evaporation and condensation processes